Major Change Request

Office of the Registrar

Use this form if you are currently undeclared and would like to declare your major OR if you have freshman, sophomore or junior standing and want to change your major.

Do not use this form if you have senior standing (earned 90 or more units) and want to change your major (use the Major Change Request for Seniors).

Routing Instructions: 
  1. Complete form;
  2. Obtain the signatures from the new major advisor and the department chair of new major;
  3. Submit your approved form to the Office of the Registrar: a) in person, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, SBS 133; b) by fax at (707) 826-6194; c) by mail to: HSU Office of the Registrar, 1 Harpst Street, Arcata, CA 95521.