Independent Academic Work (IAW) Course Form

Academic Programs

Independent Academic Work (IAW) courses involve independent student work as the primary mode of instruction augmented by required interactions with a faculty member acting as an advisor or monitor of the student’s work. The supervising faculty member and the student will document the course topic, learning outcomes, scope of work, number of hours expected for student work, number of credits to be awarded, number and nature of student/faculty contacts during the term and the criteria for evaluating the results of the independent work using the IAW Course Form.

Routing Instructions: 

If the scope of work requires students to leave campus as part of the independent academic work, completion of the Humboldt release of Liability form is also requires. Original form(s) to department office.