Educational Leave Request - Undergraduate

Office of the Registrar

Use the Undergraduate Educational Leave Request webform.

This Educational Leave Request (PDF) is available for students who are unable to access the webform.

You may request a leave of absence or educational leave from the university in order to pursue other educationally related activities or to clarify your educational goals.

Leave Eligibility

You must attend at least one term prior to requesting a leave of absence. A leave of absence maintains continuing student status. This allows you to maintain catalog rights and eligibility to enroll for the term immediately after the expiration of the leave without reapplying to the university.

The graduation date on file must be for the semester of return or later. If not, submit a Graduation Date Change form before requesting a leave.

Leave Limits

While on leave, you are not considered enrolled and are not eligible for any services from the university. Registration information and deadlines for the term you are to return to Cal Poly Humboldt will be sent to your university email address.

A leave of absence may be requested for one or two terms at a time. A leave may be extended for two additional terms (for a maximum of four terms) under special circumstances. For more information contact the Office of the Registrar.

Graduate students should contact the Office of Academic Programs & Undergraduate/Graduate Studies, SH 217A, for information.

Routing Instructions: 

Submit the form to the Office of the Registrar: a) in person, Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm, SBS 133; b) by fax at (707) 826-6194; c) by mail to: Humboldt Office of the Registrar, 1 Harpst Street, Arcata, CA 95521.