Change of Status Instructions to F-1

International Programs

In order to obtain F-1 status, you must have been admitted to a full-time course of study at Cal Poly Humboldt and have sufficient financial resources to meet your program's tuition, fees, and living expenses. You must receive a “change of status” form I-20 from the Center for International Programs (CIP) for F1 study before you can apply for a change of status. There are two methods by which you can change your status to F-1: Travel and Re-entry or Form I-539. This packet provides detailed instructions for the second method. If you are in a status that does not allow full-time study until the change of status is approved (e.g. F-2)then you may only attend less than half-time (one or two classes only) until the change of status is approved.

Routing Instructions: 

Drop off to front desk at Feuerwerker House (House 13).